Barb Phillips, MS, OTD, OTR/L is the founder and CEO of Ergo Life Solutions. She is a registered and licensed occupational therapist with 25 years of experience working in hospital, community, government and academic settings. As an occupational therapist, her expertise lies in her keen ability to analyze how people interact in their work spaces, and modify the environment in order to maximize worker safety and productivity.
• University of Southern California: Doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy
• Columbia University, New York, New York: Master of Science in Occupational Therapy
• The Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA): Ergonomic Hazards
• Roy Matheson and Associates: Ergonomic Evaluation Certification
• College of Executive Coaching, Ventura CA: Personal and Executive Coaching
• Cornell University: Office and Workplace Ergonomics
With over 25 years of experience, Barb will expertly and professionally evaluate and make recommendations for environmental changes that support healthy lifestyles for you and your staff. Her success rate is very high due to her training and experience. Clients report an 87% improvement rate in immediate comfort after the first visit.
Areas of expertise include:
- Program development
- Worksite wellness and injury prevention
- Writing and managing contracts
- Policy and procedure development and implementation
- Education and training programs
- Supervision and management
- Personal and executive coaching
Equipment Evaluation and Selection:
Barb is an expert in the wide variety of ergonomic chairs and equipment on the market. She does not resell equipment and will consult with the office equipment supplier your company uses. She applies immediate improvements for worker comfort at little or no cost to the employer.
Barb has been presenting at national and international conferences for over 20 years.
Barb will teach large or small groups. Barb possesses excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication, and people find it very easy to talk to her. She receives excellent feedback from the professional ergonomic and wellness trainings she provides.
Over the years, Barb worked as adjunct faculty for:
- University of Southern California (USC)
- California State University at Dominguez Hills
- Santa Monica College
- Quinnipiac University, in Hamden Connecticut